.

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Israeli Settlements in the West Bank

Growing up in a reformed, Jewish household, religion never held an cardinal role in my life. date exploitation up, I went to Hebrew School twice a week, learning the basics of Jewish history culture and language. This precept consisted very little of tuition some modern Israel, and wherefore my knowledge of the Jewish native land was scarce at best. My bring always tells me how incredible and glorious Israel is and that she hopes for an opportunity to go venture for a visit. She particularly favors the whimsy that overcame her while she was in Israel, which she exposit as feeling at peace with the homeland of our religion. I lacked the initiative to learn slightly Israel on my own repayable to my disinterest in both(prenominal) religion and politics growing up. What little information I knew came from word clips I saying here and on that point, often describing continuous fighting and unrest in Israel. I pictured Israel as a barren desert, alter only with Jews, co nstantly subjected to terrorism and other aggression. I had no idea how far that flock was from reality.\nIn the spring of 2012, I applied and was accepted to go to Israel for ten days in May with an organization called Taglit Birthright. My outset exposure to the land was perfectly incredible. I loved everything about it: the people, weather, architecture, food, and more. I never judge the extravagance of cities like Tel Aviv, Netanya, and Haifa. I saw a keen and prospering nation, so I couldnt understand why my perceptions were so dramatically mistaken. In prepare to learn more, I began to pay research, follow Israeli news outlets, and returned to Israel on a sixteen-day propel designed to educate on both sides of the conflict as well as dive you in the experience. I ordain be returning to Israel this summertime as part of the spherical Student Experience computer programme with Ernst & Young as an take stock intern in Tel Aviv. I hope to move there on a more permane nt basis aft(prenominal) finishing school. Due to my deep...

No comments:

Post a Comment